Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Rant On TWD
Introduction

I know my opinion may not be validated as I'm not a "veteran player" of TWD RP. However, through the amount of game time I've put into the server (about a month) I can say I thoroughly enjoy it. There are really helpful staff/players in the server and  I like to think of them as a friend (that's pretty rare in other servers). However, there are many concerns and suggestions I would like to list in this little essay of mine. Keep in mind I am of the age of 14 so take this with a grain of salt.

Instructions Unclear, [Insert Joke Here]

This section will cover the MOTD's rules. When you first load in, you'll be shown the MOTD, which will contain all the rules for RP and the Staff for the server. However, there is a slight hiccup in the rules in which this;  [   https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/932681397171111439/412057BEA69D1B8941CE53C55B6B31DBA3212D5E/   ] has the "About This Server" and "General Rules" copied/pasted descriptions of each other. I'm pretty sure I was not the only who who saw this but I haven't seen anyone talk about on discord or the forums. Second, there is no limit for mugging stated in the rules,no specific number for the hold time of the access granted fading door keypad and there should be the given rank for the certain staff member in the Staff MOTD list. Also, some rules are unclear, such as ambushing. Multiple people (including off duty admins and VIPs) advert ambushes on just 1 or 2 people, while in the rules it states a group of people(3-4). So what we should change in MOTD is that you can ambush any amount of people. In Addition, we should remove the wait 5-10 seconds after calling raid as to me it's more of a nuisance rather than anything helpful to the defenders mostly because most people don't even follow it.Lastly, most rules are unstated in the MOTD and though it may seem common sense for everybody else,it wasn't for me as I first started out. This concludes the MOTD section. (note; I was shot 2 times and killed once while sitting in spawn reviewing the MOTD)

The RP Experience

I feel like this isn't much like a "Walking 
Dead Experience". There is almost no zombies and if you do find any they're most likely alone and not with other zombies. I do like the mechanic of becoming a zombie however. Most of the RP that happens on this server is Military RP with zombies sprinkled on top. This is a major flaw and I hope there will be some way the Admin can find a way to make this more entertaining for Non-Military personnel. 

Conclusion

Overall, this server is fun and I enjoy it, even with it's flaws. I wish it the best of luck in the future long enough for me to qualify as an admin to help out in my own way. Please leave your thoughts in the replies below.

With The Most Sincere Of Trust,
Unbreached
☣Unbreached☣
[Image: CODMWR-PC_Game-Art_Screenshot_02-616x347...1478279111]
Not a single staff will take any notice onto these posted threads. They have really ditched the Walking Dead Server, but they still get donations on that server. Are they not grateful for that server to still be alive?

"I THINK ITS TIME YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING."
Sorry for the late response! I am a new TWD admin in training and I would like to know more about what you would like to see done about the server, you can contact me on discord at Tyler#6414 and we can work things out and see what we can do to make the server better.
(06-03-2018, 03:02 PM)wrreched Wrote: Sorry for the late response! I am a new TWD admin in training and I would like to know more about what you would like to see done about the server, you can contact me on discord at  Tyler#6414 and we can work things out and see what we can do to make the server better.

This post is outdated with many details being removed and added, through the time I've played I can say the server is doing fine as where it is now. I wrote this post about 1 or 2 weeks before I applied/was accepted for Admin. My experience with the staff team and many friends on the server make it make than enjoyable to play and overshadow the implications. To this day I still support the server through donation and staff means, as I have been doing for the past 3 months. Thank you for the offer, I'll consider it whenever I'm available.
☣Unbreached☣
[Image: CODMWR-PC_Game-Art_Screenshot_02-616x347...1478279111]
(03-15-2018, 10:17 PM)Palca/Caboose Wrote: Not a single staff will take any notice onto these posted threads. They have really ditched the Walking Dead Server, but they still get donations on that server. Are they not grateful for that server to still be alive?

"I THINK ITS TIME YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING."

Yep not a single staff reads the forums

TWD Admin Manager
Ryan
You havent posted all the rules for this thread.

Is it OK to rant about your dead/alive theist parents for example?, or only about theists who post here?